Friday, December 4, 2009

Woes and Joys of the ever changing life :)

So the past few weeks have been an intense group of weeks. It all started when I sat for my second part of the CPA that never makes for a good month. In fact it is a month of terror as you check to see if your score is posted every day sometimes twice a day to see if you can add that next letter. The month trucked on after that soon enough Thanksgiving was here. Stephen and I had a an awesome time at our church Thanksgiving... I had actually come to the conclusion that church was stupid and that I would only go because in all honesty Stephen was making me with his sad puppy dog eyes every Sunday morning. Then we visited Awaken... I thought we would have another crazy church... then some one talked to us, the music was great, the service was awesome and it had the perfect mix of traditional biblical values and contemporary atmosphere. It is perfect for Stephen and I. So we kept going then we started small groups and the rest so far is history. I love going to our church and think it has a created a need for church in my life. Continuing from that tangent.....

Church Thanksgiving was great I found out that Stephen has done everything and I hadn't done a lot in a riveting game of "I've never". We just talked and had fun :) Then my Thanksgiving with my parents was next. Oh how I love my family. They are my support throughout life. They really bring me a great joy and we always have fun. Mom was sick this year so Dad and Becca went grocery shopping and we all cooked a little bit together. It was pretty awesome to hear the stories of Dad and/or Mom breaking the gas stove, Mitzi running around under legs and needing to be walked. Then we got their tree up after Dad and I told Stephen he was wrong (when we found out later he was actually very right) and went home.

The next morning wasn't so great as I woke up to clean and get started on the basement work I had several missed calls and a text from Becca, " We are following Dad to the hospital call". This immediately freaked me out. My Dad had a heart attack on Dec. 8th, 1998 and the feelings of fear and sadness reached me again. He has lost blood pressure (like his previous heart attack) and was in the ambulance. So Stephen rushed us to the hospital and we waited and waited.

Finally we got to see him, drained of all color and angry he was in the hospital. But I got to see him. He stayed in the hospital for a two days. I spent the whole day on Sat until they released him. I was even doing wii fit yoga by the end of the day because it was so boring :) But my Dad got to leave... he wasn't better but he was going home. So he has been doing better better but he might have to get surgery... will find out next week. Anyways the emotional drain of this situation really caused me to be angry at Stephen(easiest target). Thankfully I have been getting over that too :)!!!

So now I am at work blogging about life instead of working and waiting for this cold Friday work day to come to an end so Stephen and I can have fun together. I truly found the love of my life and my soul mate and I know God put us together. I know life will continue to be really hard and I know I have to give it all to God(harder then ever imagined) but there is so much good that exists and so much good that can really come out of bad situations. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment